Five popular activities to consider when visiting Goa:
- Explore the Beaches: Goa is renowned for its beautiful beaches. Take the time to explore popular ones like Calangute, Baga, Anjuna, and Vagator, where you can soak up the sun, enjoy water sports like jet skiing and parasailing, or simply relax by the shore. Each beach has its own vibe and attractions, so you can choose the one that suits your preferences.
- Visit Old Goa: Explore the rich history and colonial heritage of Goa by visiting Old Goa, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This area is home to magnificent churches and cathedrals, such as the Basilica of Bom Jesus and the Se Cathedral. Admire the stunning architecture and learn about the Portuguese influence on the region.
- Try Goan Cuisine: Indulge in the flavors of Goan cuisine, which is a fusion of Indian and Portuguese culinary traditions. Sample local delicacies like Goan fish curry, vindaloo, pork sorpotel, and bebinca (a traditional Goan dessert). Visit local restaurants or beach shacks to savor authentic Goan dishes.
- Explore Dudhsagar Falls: Embark on an adventure to Dudhsagar Falls, one of the tallest waterfalls in India. Located on the border of Goa and Karnataka, the falls offer a breathtaking sight, especially during the monsoon season when they are at their fullest. You can take a train journey or a guided trek to reach the falls and enjoy the natural beauty of the surrounding area.
- Experience Nightlife: Goa is renowned for its vibrant nightlife. Visit popular spots like Tito’s Lane in Baga or Club Cubana in Arpora, which offer a range of bars, clubs, and beach parties. Dance the night away to a variety of music genres, enjoy live performances, and experience the energetic and lively atmosphere that Goa’s nightlife has to offer.